Monday, March 10, 2008

Or Else What?

More wackiness from Europe. Well, wackiness is being polite. It's really pretty stupid, but I see no need to enrage the French. They're a rude enough bunch as it is.


In the village of Sarpourenx (that's in France in case you joined this blog post just now), the cemetery is overcrowed. There is no room left to bury the residents of Sarpourenx. Now, this in and of itself is a dilemma, I'll agree with that. And in the case of a dilemma affecting a city, we shall turn to the mayor. Mayor? Your solution?


Mayor Gerard Lalanne decided to tell the 260 people that live in the village that "all persons not having a plot in the cemetery and wishing to be buried in Sarpourenx are forbidden from dying in the parish. Offenders will be severely punished." That seems reasonab.....wait. What?


So if I die I'm going to receive a punishment? And that is going to affect me how exactly? I mean, I'm still dead, right? OK. Hmmm....I'd have to say that this is an interesting tactic that is likely scaring no one. No pun intended, but I'm dyin' for someone to just drop dead over there just so we can see what the "severe punishment" will be. It's bound to happen, don't you think? Stay tuned, won't ye?

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: