Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Popular WTF Series: At Least It's Paedophile Free!

I think I've mentioned how I feel about the overprotectiveness that some people tend to practice these days. They've practiced it so much it's almost an art form. You know what I mean. The hand sanitizer everywhere, bike helmets for kids (Hey! YOU didn't wear one when you were a kid, did you? NO! You didn't! And did you know anyone who did? NO! You didn't. And you're all just fine, aren't you? A kid on a bike with training wheels does NOT need a helmet, for crying out loud!), no diving boards at pools, fung shui, etc. OK, the last one might be a bit of a stretch, but you know what I mean. If it keeps up, it's going to go too far. Oh, wait! It just did.

At Cann Hall Primary School in Clacton, Essex (England) they want to protect their students from pedophiles (which is curiously spelled "paedophiles" in England). What a great idea! I'm all for that! I hate pedophiles! How should we do this? Wait. We should do it by covering up all of the faces of the students that are on the school's website with those smiley faces that were popular during the Acid House dance craze of the 1980s? We should?

NO WE SHOULDN'T!!!!!

F-ing hell, where do I start. Would you look at this insanity? WTF?!?!

According to the headmistress Clara Reece, "The public nature of the internet is an issue we feel strongly about. Not all parents want their children's picture on there. You can't say what is going to happen with any of those pictures."

No, apparently you CAN'T say what is going to happen with any of those pictures because they are covered with freaking smiley faces!!! ON PURPOSE!!

The children's charity NCH (It's a Europe thing, I guess) made this statement in response to this idiocy, "The images shocked me, actually. What message is it giving? It looks very, very odd. If you want to obscure children's faces you can obscure them with pixels. We need to be cautious about taking images of children out of the media."

While this guy seems to be a bit more sane than those at the school, what "we need to be cautious" of is putting images like this IN the media!! What message is it giving?! (I can only assume he asked that because he had no idea either.) It's giving the message that doing things like this is a good idea. When, in fact, it is just the opposite! It is a HORRIBLE idea! WTF?!?!

Look at how ridiculous these are! WHO, WHO could have thought this was a good idea?










I want to make a modification to all of my helmets for the softheaded folk out there who think THIS is a good idea. You know those big halo things that people who have had a neck injury have to wear? Big, huge, metal halo thing that radiates out from their head at least 12 inches all the way around? Yeah, those. I want to add THOSE to my helmets for the softheaded. Because if ANYONE thinks THIS is a good idea, they're going to need extra protection for that melted cranium of theirs.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: