Monday, May 5, 2008

Stupid Should Hurt

You know how I feel about protests. I think that the majority of them are ridiculous, only because those who are participating in the protests do not follow what I consider to be the basic foundation of protest participation. That principle is this: You must make sure that whatever you are protesting is something that you can reasonably argue your opposition to in a way that doesn't make you look like an idiot. You have a much better chance of your protest making a difference if that's the case. If that's not the case, then you're just wasting your time because you look like an idiot. (And really, the chances of your protest making a difference are probably right between "Slim" and "None". And "Slim" just left the building.)

And that brings me to exactly why the person in the photo below is just wasting their time. I don't know if she's wasting my time necessarily, because I found it ridiculously amusing and that made it kind of worth it. But it definitely wasn't worth her time. Her time would have been better spent indoors. With a dictionary.

Protester who cannot spell

Let me help you with that sign, ma'am. Let's just change that a little bit so that it reads, "Make English America's OFFICIAL Language." There you go. Now if you'll kindly get rid of that 4th of July tablecloth that you're using as a shirt, we'll all sleep a little bit sounder tonight.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: