Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a...?!

Russia, the land of the flying penisI don't even know what to say about this one. I might have more to say if I knew Russian, but I don't. And even if I did, I still kind of doubt that would give me mouthfuls of insight to spew out. Yeah, even with the Russian, I'd be highly suspect of my ability to utter anything other than, "WTF?"

So, since I don't speak Russian, I'll give you just as much as I know (which isn't much when it's in English, for cryin' out loud. It's even less in Russian.).

Over the weekend, Garry Kasparov, the famous chess player guy and a leader of "The Other Russia" movement, a coalition of activists (I don't know what they're activating, but it's probably irrelevant to the rest of the story), was in Moscow giving some sort of a speech to unite opposition political forces. (Maybe that's what he was activating.) Alas, his speech was interrupted. And according to the fine folks over there at the Moscow Times, it was interrupted when "A couple of pro-Kremlin Young Russia activists added to the commotion at the event by launching plastic phallus on propellers." Wait. What?

That's right. A flying penis. Well, not really. I mean, it really did fly, but the penis wasn't real. Well, it really looked like one, but it was simply an imitation. (And from the looks of it, a rather generous imitation at that.) Look, I can't say much more. See for yourself.




Now, that guy who knocked it out of the air, he looked pretty annoyed. I was thinking that if you put a Chess piece without a penispowder blue track suit on him, he could be one of those guys that run alongside the Olympic torch. He's definitely very intent on assertively performing his job without finding a bit of humor in it, that's for sure. But aside from that, WTF? I've looked around online for a reason for the penis (again, the flying one, not the real one. Although, there are some who are still looking for a reason for that one as well.) and it seems to have something to do with either a) something similar that occurred in Second Life and/or b) the fact that Garry Kasparov is kind of a d**k. All I know is that it was a heck of a lot funnier than if it was some flying chess piece, I'll tell you that. Nice job, you Pro-Kremlin Young Russian activist guys. Nice job.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: