Happy Thanksgiving! And to those of you not celebrating Thanksgiving today, Happy Thursday!
- I'm thankful for my crazy family...even if I don't tell them all that often. (And that trend will likely continue, thankfulness or not.) And if they ever figure out how to use the Internet and find this, then they'll know.
- I'm thankful that even though I write this blog, that doesn't necessarily make me 'a blogger'. (I prefer "That funny chick who writes stuff.) But more than that, I'm thankful that there are folks out there who actually read what I write and (for the most part) seem to enjoy it. That's awesome. Thanks.
- I'm thankful for the people I met this year. I don't know how I managed to bump into you guys somehow, but I'm sure glad I did. (Y'all know who you are.)
- I'm thankful for Guitar Hero (I will deny writing this, should it ever come up in conversation.)
- And I'm way thankful for my friends for being my friends. You guys are the best.
Right about here is where most of you could stop reading if you wanted, but I hesitate to say that because I need at least one of you to keep on reading. (But besides that, if you stopped reading, you'd miss the most awesome Bloom County strip ever at the bottom.) And yes, it does matter which one of you needs to keep reading.
Dude, I am ridiculously thankful that I met you and even more thankful that I know you. I'm thankful for your friendship and I'm thankful that we're friends (just barely sometimes, but still...). I'm incredibly glad that I've met you. I wouldn't have thought that someone who was kind, real, polite, real polite (that's important, you know), smart, intelligent, kind of funny (but again, not funnier than me), honest, caring, deep, and just fun as hell, actually existed. But you do and I am way thankful for that. (I'll be really thankful when I can stop saying 'thankful'.)
I'm thankful for the time we've spent together and how you've shown me different ways to look at a lot of different things. (Things like polite (or civil) social interactions.) I'm thankful for your reassurance. And I'm most thankful that you seem to like me for me. I just think that's the coolest thing. (I don't know if this even does it all justice, but that's only because it might not be something that can be all that word-ized.) Thank you so much.
Happy Thanksgiving, Dude.