Monday, November 3, 2008

Campaign-a-Palooza

I have to get this out of my system before the freaking election which is, thank God, less than 48 hours away! If I didn't know better, I'd swear that we'd been listening to Barry and Grandpa John McCain since immediately after Sarah Jessica Parker lost to George W. Bush back in 2004. (Wait. Not her! Geez. I meant John Kerry. A horse is a horse, of course, of course.)

There are so, so, SO many witty and wacky individuals who have used their many talents to craft various campaign signs for the candidates. Campaign signs that the candidates would only use if a) they had a loaded gun pointed at their head, or b) they wanted to lose really, really badly. But neither of those things seem to be applicable (though I still don't know what the heck happened over there in McCain's camp over the past three weeks. It was as if someone let HIM run the campaign himself. And that really doesn't sound like a very strategy, especially given how things are going for him these days.). And that's what the Internet was made for! It's a tool that allows those folks to show off their childish, immature and hysterically funny talents with the rest of the world and all without leaving the comfort of their own home or Starbucks.


Thus, I give to you a conglomeration of campaign sign satire, created by folks who will likely never, ever hold a public office. Behold! Fairly amusing campaign signs when it is less than 48 hours before we get to effing vote!! (I'm sure you will be shocked, just shocked, to learn that it was harder to find stuff that poked fun at Barry than it was to find things that poked fun at John McCain and Sarah Palin. Joe Biden is practically nowhere to be found. Why, oh, why couldn't the others have followed his lead?)















\



I can even manage to squeeze in a few Joe the Plumber themes for you (because who can't get enough of that?!). Behold!




And this just wouldn't seem complete without a few Tina Fey as Sarah Palin references on here. Yeah, I know they're not campaign signs, but she's hilarious, so she gets a free pass on that one. (Besides, it gives me reason to go to a web page of a friend of mine and "steal" her Tina Fey as Sarah Palin pics to use here. Now, she doesn't know I've "stolen" them yet (so I'm not going to link to her page just right now), but she'll know as soon as she reads this. But if I did link to her page, you'd know I wasn't checking it out just for her Tina Fey pics, as she has a pic of herself on there that shows just how absolutely stunning she is. (You know what's even better? Who she is on the inside is twice as stunning as who she is on the outside.) Behold! Tina Fey as Sarah Palin on Saturday Night Live!




Let's just effing vote already!

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Alice Amplified said...

Hey! You stole my Tuna Dry (Tina Fey) pictures.... THE NERVE!

I'm calling the myspace police. Expect a myspace cease and desist order post-haste. I'm quite sure it will be accompanyed by a super-poke, or mafia-war machine gun.

Be warned.

(that is a nice picture huh? I look, um, happy)

Mare said...

Expect a MySpace, post-haste, cease & desist, police-y order?

Duly noted.

Just remember, I poke back. Now, YOU'VE been warned.

That picture makes ME look happy when I see it. It makes you look just as I had said and just as you are...stunning.