Monday, February 16, 2009

Snap Shots

Hey. I've been looking around for things to make Ye Olde Blogge here a little bit cooler. I know, I know, good Lord how?? It's been tricky, lemme tell ya. But I found this dealio called Snap Shots and it makes me happy. Unlike many people who call themselves bloggers (I, on the other hand, do not call myself a blogger. God no! I have a blog, I'm not a blogger. It's not a complimentary term these days. But the blog is what it is and I don't necessarily think that I'm overly special for having one or writing it. Other aspects of my life cover the "overly special" category just fine, thank you.), I always and I mean always cite my sources and include a hyperlink. I don't underline my hyperlinks because I think it looks ridiculous. But they're there!

Click on any link and it takes you to the page where the info came from. Oooh, but now with the handy little Snap Shots dealio (I also hate the term "widget". I prefer "dealio" or "thingee". Who do I talk to about changing the vernacular for the blogging world? Yep, that's right. I don't like "blogosphere" either.) you can just mouse over the link and a little window with the page that the link goes to shall pop up there. How's that for nifty?! Very.

I can see where that might be a feature that's easy to miss if you're not one for waving your cursor all over the screen while you're trying to read something. So now you know. I'm not overly thrilled about the blog post for the new features, so there won't be one for every little thing that gets added, but there will for some. And never, never will some little technical post like this take place of my bashing morons across the globe for their softheadedness! You can breathe again.

Thanks again to all eight of you who read this. (I figured this was as good of a time as any to throw that in. You can't really thank people enough sometimes, you know? If I can ever squeeze in a deserving thank you, I will. So I did.) I think there might be a ninth coming aboard. I can feel it!

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Grannyann said...

I didn't know there was anyone out there that uses the word "thingee" except me!!!!!