Saturday, January 19, 2008

Checkmate, Bobby

Bobby Fischer, the US born chess champion, has died of kidney failure at the age of 64. At first, I found this news rather depressing (hey, I like chess!), but the more I read about him and some of his anti-Semitic (read: hateful) comments after 09/11, the more he started to sound like a Jew hating Commie, so, good riddance.

In an article by the AP, it describes Fischer's descent into odd behavior as consisting of "turning up late for tournaments, refusing to play unless the lighting suited him and was intolerant of photographers and cartoonists."

Um....cartoonists?! How is one intolerant of a cartoonist?! That doesn't even make sense! "Charles Schulz, Bill Watterson, Berke Breathed.....no time for you! Out! Out I say!!!" I'm so confused. And yet, at the same time, very intrigued. In an odd sort of way.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: