Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year Times Eight

Happy New Year! Or, Happy Thursday (if you tend to look at these things like I do and realize that there's not all that much 'new' going on just because one digit in the year has changed)!

Holy canoli, I did it. I posted at least once, every day, for an entire freaking year. What is wrong with me? Oh, right, overly opinionated and quite amusing, that's it! I ended 2008 with 613 posts and that works out to right around 1.68 posts per day. That's a lot. I don't care who you are, that's a lot. If you have 613 of something, you have a lot of that thing. And since I'm not one to be a slacker (well, I'm not one to be a slacker so that everyone knows that I'm a slacker. I might be lazy, but I'm crafty!), that is going to have to be the minimum number of posts for me for 2009. And judging from the 2008 debacles that have not yet ironed themselves out, I'm sure that won't seem like such a lofty goal come May or June when I've really got a full head of steam. (Oh, and with Barry being inaugurated as President and then the whirlwind of his first 100 days in office? This blog will practically write itself! And on some days, that really wouldn't be such a bad idea.)

I'm thinking about adding a Twitter feed to the ol' blog here. I'm not sure why. I find it kind of annoying and frankly, I'm not all that interested in stuff that I'm doing day to day, I don't know why in the world I'd think that someone else would be. But who knows? Because other than the eight of you reading this, in general, people are what? Morons, that is correct. So maybe Twitter will be a welcome addition. I'll see how that goes just as soon as I can muster up the energy to look into it.

Well, this is all starting to sound a little self serving here, so I need to get to the point that I had meant to hit on to begin with. Pretty much, the only reason that I had for posting every single day for a year was simply just to see if I could. That and to get better at....whatever this is. That's just how I work. If I have an ongoing project, I'd prefer that I continue to improve it and get better at whatever it is that I'm doing. And I really wanted to get better at this...whatever this is. And while I think that I have gotten better at it, I know that there's no way I could have done it (nor would there have been a reason for it) 613 times if it hadn't been for the eight of you who read this and have encouraged me along the way to keep it up (lest you actually have to hear me rant about something) via your comments or just telling me in person:

La Belle Canadienne, (My link to Canada, America's Hat), Remi, my biggest fan in Germany (I'm huge in Europe!), Irritated Tulsan (Some days, he's more irritated than I am!), blnrckr (Because I'm just glad that you read something. Anything!), CW (who was probably the first to let me know that I might be on to something here and has read this damn thing daily for almost a year), Karen (who continued to read whether you were talking to me or not!), CA (who reads the posts, well, reads the comments in bulk and loves the pictures!) and finally, AliceAmplified (who has helped shape my critical thinking skills, been an avid supporter as well as a pretty nifty friend, and whose comments always leave me laughing. She also writes extremely well, which has left me wanting to learn how to express things as well and as concisely as she can. I can get wordy if I'm not careful.).

You guys all rule. Thank you. Thanks for reading. Thanks for commenting. Thanks for coming back. Thanks.

May all eight of you have an awesome 2009.


~ Mare

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

La Belle Canadienne said...

Mare...keep writing because when I have a shitty day at work or just a shitty day in general....I open ur blog and I literally laugh my ass off most all the time. Someone else with my quirky, sarcastic sense of humour. I copy and paste the really hilarious ones and send them via email 2 my crew of cousins and friends...so darlin' u r read by more than just 8...I always put the link as well so u get the traffic.

Have a wonderful New Year...God Willing...and here's to laughing our asses off at Barry and his new crew...fyi Chucky Barkley...a hoot...best blow job ever?...as if this guy could keep track of all of the blow jobs he's ever had...probably 2 many 2 count...handsome, pro basketball player...he's been blown 2 Mars and back endless times I'm sure...lol...

Happy New Year Mare!