Friday, September 12, 2008

Maybe It's Just Happy To See You

Those scientists, they're a tricky bunch. And don't get me wrong. I like scientists. I have a thing for scientists. They're good people. At least the ones (one) that I know are good people (person). They tell you some things that are all science-y and scientific-y, but they don't tell you everything. And they will often omit the parts that are just flat out interesting and have nothing to do with science what-so-ever. Why do you suppose that is? Well maybe, just maybe it's because the scientists don't want us to know that one of the results of all of this "global warming" stuff that we keep hearing so much about is that there will now be large, penis shaped icebergs floating around. Wait. What?

Behold! A penis shaped iceberg in the Bransfield Strait near Antarctica!

I'm starting to think that those folks over there across the pond at The Metro.co.uk might have a bit too much time on their hands. WTF is that?

Like I said, it's an iceberg shaped like a penis. It's SO obvious. The floating penis berg was photographed by Andy Rouse. Interesting. First initial A. Last name Rouse. A. Rouse. And he's off taking pictures of frozen units? For reals?

Yep, for reals. Andy Rouse a real guy who takes really good pictures; and none of his other pictures (from what I could tell) are phallically shaped (which was quite a relief).

And while that is good to know, I still think that the scientists should have mentioned this at least briefly. I mean, I've read stuff about the Bransfield Strait and nowhere in either one of those documents was iceberg genitalia mentioned even once. Not once! Granted, neither paper was about global warming, but still. A heads up would have been nice. (Pun intended. Yep.)

I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised, however. Below is a map from the folks over there at the University of Texas which shows the geographical location of the Bransfield Strait. And what does that area look like? A penis, that is correct.


What if this little phallic shaped trademark starts to wear off on the wildlife down there? Then what? I don't even want to think about it! (But I am starting to worry about the penguins.)

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: