Sunday, March 8, 2009

OctoMom is OctoNuts


Well, I wasn't expecting this one, but I'm not surprised by it either. The folks over there at Huffington Post are reporting that US Weekly is reporting (good Lord, is this high school?) that OctoMom's most recent "publicist" or whatever he was (always seemed more like a bodyguard than a guy who books you on talk shows) a one Victor Munoz, has quit. And thank you Victor for being someone who had any sort of a relationship with her since this debacle began and stating what we've all known but just needed to hear, "She's nuts."

According to the US Weekly folks,"It just got to be too much," he says. "It's pretty much a free for all over there right now. They are freaking out right now. Not to sound arrogant, but those people depended on me for everything. You have no idea what I’ve had to do for these people. Nadya got real greedy. This woman is nuts. This I can say: what ultimately destroyed the business arrangement was personal reasons." I can only imagine the running around that he had to do for her and that fourteen ring circus that goes on 24 hours a day, every day.

Now, let's just think about this for a minute. This guy is a publicist. His job? To spin the un-spinnable. To make beautiful mountains out of ugly molehills. To assist people in dealing with their own publicity (in other words, public figures). Think about how many times you have heard of a celebrity's publicist quitting. I'm sure there might be some, but I'm drawing a blank right now. Publicists have to be a certain breed of animal in order to do that job. I remember watching OctoMom's first publicist who ended up quitting. (She quit because of death threats stemming from people's outrage over a single mother, with no job and on food stamps and disability payments (for what appears to be a very non-disabling disability) paying over $100,000 for IVF treatments that ultimately resulted in the births of 14 children. You remember now, right? I thought so.) I watched her trying to put a positive spin on something that really didn't have one, and I thought that there was no way that I could ever do that job. I'm just not that way and I would suck at it. But that's why I don't do that job and other folks do.

But to be that sort of person who is in that industry, the publicity industry that is, you'd be used to what you have to endure. And dealing with a fair amount of "celebrities", I'm sure that you'd be used to some demanding and perhaps unreasonable requests from those types of clients. So to be driven to the point of resignation by OctoMom? That's some hard hittin' right there.
Does it surprise me? No, not so much. This is a woman who appears to have had plastic surgery in order to alter her appearance so that she more closely will resemble a one Angelina Jolie. She has denied that anything of the sort took place. (Yeah, well, it's not like it's the sort of thing that one can actually admit to doing, you know?) Am I supposed to believe that someone who wants to look like a major Hollywood celebrity would also not think that she is one and act the way that she perceives that they would act? I don't think I can believe that. Angelina Jolie or not, OctoMom thinks she's pretty important. She certainly thinks that she's important enough to have me, the taxpayer, support her and her lifestyle for the past 7 years. Personally, I would have liked to have been asked.
I'm kind of excited to hear Victor's take on the whole dealio. If I were him, I'd quit too, just knowing that whatever tabloids or publications had wanted to get a story from her would gladly pay to get a story from him. And his is one I actually want to hear! By the way, congratulations, Victor, for making it as long as you did. I think I would have twisted off Day One.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

grannyann said...

Maybe you should add "I'm going to kill myself!" "I'm going to kill myself", to your little blurb cloud. Did you hear today she had rented a 4 bedroom, 2 story house and will put the babies in the living room as a nursery? Duh