Saturday, March 28, 2009

Obscenely Accurate

Gotta hand it to the folks over there at The Onion. They're definitely funny people, those Onion people. Satire, comedy, parody, all at their best. But they might have outdone themselves this time. It's definitely going to be hard to top.

The folks over there at The Onion have put together a video of fictional news coverage of the new release of a fictional Sony product. Now, even though the product is fictional, I could almost swear that I own at least one of them! No, actually, I know I own at least one of them, which is why I'm pretty sure that I own more than one of them. I'm just guessing, but I'd have to assume the stupid wireless router that I've been trying to get to work correctly so that the damn Wi-Fi connection won't keep shutting itself off whenever it effing feels like it is part of Sony's fictional product line.

That's why I can't believe that they're trying to get us to believe that it's really a "fictional" product. Like I said, I know I have at least one of those. I know several people who have lived (barely) through the exact same experience with their products that The Onion depicts with theirs. It's real.



You know, the other thing that's real about this video is the language. Usually this is a family-ish language sort of blog (but only if the "family" is your Uncle Dave who drinks), but not today as this video contains graphic language. Foul, obscene, graphic language. BUT....it's foul, obscene, graphic language that is essential to the message being conveyed. It can't be bleeped and you need your sound up and your speakers on. So make sure that your viewing/listening area is free of all small children, priests, nuns, all Popes, small pets (they frighten easily), and any old relatives without a sense of humor (especially those who always pretend they can't hear anything, but they SO can. They'll cause more trouble for you than they're worth. Most of the time. Check their will before adhering to that philosophy. Always check the will.). Enjoy.



See what I mean? How many of those do YOU own? Show it to your friends and see how many they own, too! The Onion has several other videos over yonder at the YouTube, but it's only fair that I mention that I can't imagine any would be funnier than that which you just watched. Nice job, Onion guys. If nothing else, it's earned you permanent Linkage on this blog. What more could you ask for? Now, if you'll excuse me, I believe I have a new, revolutionary product that I need to spend time with. (Stupid G-D router...)

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Tarra Slovan said...

I'll post a comments. Sure, why the hell not.