Saturday, August 25, 2012

Thanks For Everything, Count

Famous people are dropping dead all over the place.  First Phyllis Diller, then Neil Armstrong.  Who's next, you ask?  Sadly, the answer to that is Jerry Nelson.  Now, if you're like me, you're going to say, "Who?"  But when I tell you who he is, you're going to say, "Ohhhh.  OK.  Bummer."  Jerry Nelson was the Muppeteer who voiced and moved Count von Count on Sesame Street.  I loved Sesame Street as a child.  Still like it today (though I wish that they'd do away with the oh-so-hip opening song that they've switched to).  The Count was probably my favorite.  I loved counting and I still do.  It was not uncommon for me as a child to count things in the manner of the Count.  (Three!  Three...red...apples!  Bwah-ha-ha-HA!)  Thus, I am sad that this guy died (even though I couldn't have told you his name if you paid me before he dropped dead).  So here is an old-school video of theCount doing what he does best.  Counting.  And annoying Kermit.  It's complete with a "walk this way" joke, so that really adds to the whole enjoyment factor.  Behold! 

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: