Thursday, August 30, 2012

Is That A Walrus?

Skittles has a new product out.  I think that they're called Skittles Riddles.  The premise is that the outside of the candy is one color, but the inside of the candy is a flavor that doesn't match what the outside color is.  So you might get a red Skittle, but instead of it tasting like cherry or strawberry, it would taste like lemon.  Really, all of this isn't stuff that you need to know.  What you need to know is that the Skittles people felt that the best way to sell this new candy of theirs is to make a commercial with a chick making out with a walrus.  That's right.  A walrus.  If you think that sounds disgusting and has nothing at all to do with Skittles, you'd be correct!  See for yourself how effing weird this actually is.  Behold! 

 
 
I've watched this video more than once and each time I keep hoping that I'll understand the connection between a tangy, chewy candy and fraternizing with a walrus.  And each time I never make the connection.  It reminds me of Jabba the Hut when he had Princess Leia all chained up.  She was disgusted by him and I kinda feel a little bit the same way about this commercial.  It's really freaking weird is what it is.  

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: