Friday, August 31, 2012

Don't Make My Day This Way

Holy.  Crap.  Oh, and wtf was that?  Obviously I'm talking about Clint Eastwood's "speech" on Thursday night at the Republican convention down there in Florida.  If you haven't seen it, hoo boy!  Are you in for a treat!  Listen, if he hadn't been a well-known and fairly beloved actor, he would have been gently guided off the stage at some point so that they could start calling homes to find out which one he wandered off from.  It was like that.  I started to wonder if maybe he had suffered a blow to the head right before he came out on stage and started rambling on to an empty chair.  (I felt like he was attempting to channel the genius of Bob Newhart.  The key word there being "attempting".  Not as easy at it looks, eh?!)  It was spectacular and it's something that I'll remember to my dying day.  Seriously, if you haven't already, you have to see this.  Yes, I know it's a little long at just under twelve minutes.  But it was only supposed to be four minutes, apparently.  The little red light that indicates that your time is up was blinking for over eight minutes before he ended the whole thing on a weird note that may or may not have been spontaneous.  I guess he just didn't care.  Either way, he didn't make my day, but he did kinda mess up my night.  It wasn't pretty.  But it's one of those train wrecks that you just can't look away from.  Give it a look.  You won't be sorry.  You'll be confused, but not sorry.  Behold! 

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: