Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Smartphones Do Lots Of Things

I have an awesome smartphone.  It's an HTC Evo 4G.  The 4G part is complete crap, though.  There aren't enough reliable 4G networks to make any sort of a difference.  I've had the phone for almost two years and I think that I've been able to get a decent 4G signal MAYBE twice.  Regardless of that however, it's still an awesome device.  I can do a zillion things on it.  Read news.  Get directions.  Play games.  Look up stuff on the Internet.  Stream radio stations.  I think it even makes phone calls, but I'm not totally sure.  The point here is that something called Online Publishing Associates did a survey of sorts to see exactly what it is that people are doing with their smartphones.  The number one thing that people used this amazing technological device to do?  Check the friggin weather.  Behold! 




Checking the weather?!  I'm not so sure that I've ever used my phone to check the weather.  You know why?  Because my house has windows!  Who on earth checks the weather obsessively?  And why are there so many of them?!  What is wrong with you people?!  The second most popular usage, in a distant second at 31% behind the weather's 47% (almost half...I'm still amazing), is watching video.  Good Lord.  People just cannot be without their little snippets of cats doing cute things, is that it?  500,000 apps in the App Store alone and people are watching videos of cats and checking the weather.  Smartphones my ass. 

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: