Friday, November 30, 2012

The No Starbucks Premium Coffee Challenge

Man, I just cannot get enough of Jimmy Kimmel.  (There's a sentence that I never thought I'd type.)  He's done it again.  He's done a man on the street type interview to prove that people have no idea what they're talking about.  This time, he tried to get people to discern the difference between ordinary coffee and the new Starbucks premium coffee that is $7 per cup.  But here's the twist:  There was no difference between the two coffees.  Nope.  One was regular ol' coffee and the other one was regular ol' coffee.  Oh, but did that stop folks (except for the very last guy) from giving very detailed descriptions of which one was better and/or different?  No, it did not. And they weren't just like "I like this one better" (which again, would have been interesting because it's the same coffee in both cups and none of it is the Starbucks premium).  No, they were like "This one has a smoother, more richer flavor due to the consistency of the bean from which the liquid was extracted in the process of coffee beanery" or some crap like that.  I'm telling you, there is the basis for some sort of a Nobel Prize in this data that Kimmel is gathering.  The video is below.  Enjoy!  (You'll enjoy it a lot more if you don't focus on the fact that Kimmel's head looks awfully big for his body for some reason.  Is it always like that?  Has he always had an enormous noggin?  This was the first time I've noticed it and I couldn't look away.  It was a little distracting which is why I'm warning you not to do it.  Although, now that I've said this, all you'll be able to think is "Big head.  Big head!  BIG HEAD!"  Sorry.  I was really just trying to warn you is all.)


Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: