Saturday, November 24, 2012

Black Friday Phone Stampede

Let's look at Black Friday a little more in depth. And I mean really look at it. Here is a video of a bunch of alleged human beings acting like complete savage animals. Allow me to make some observations. First of all, this video is courtesy of WorldHipHop.com. This is by far the most white people I have ever seen in a World Hip Hop video.


Second, I have seen people in third world countries in line for food and water that are more orderly than this crowd. I might be able to at least understand, if not overlook, this sort of frenzy if the object of desire was something that was needed to sustain human life. But in third world countries where they actually DO wait in lines to get stuff that DOES sustain human life, they don't behave like this. AT ALL.


That brings me to my final point. Do you know what is so freaking important to those folks to obtain that they likely waited outside of the store for hours on Thanksgiving? A phone. Oh, I'm sorry. Did you think I meant some sort of spectacular phone like an iPhone or a Galaxy SIII was on sale for $50? Yeah, no. That didn't happen. It was an LG Optimus Logic prepaid cellular telephone. Now, nothing personal LG, but I've never even heard of it. And even if I had, would I think that it was so great that I would be willing to risk life and limb by placing myself in the middle of a stampede? I don't think that I would. And really, how long do you think it's going to be before that thing is obsolete? Oh, wait. It already is. Never mind.


Below is a video of the above described madness. When are stores going to stop this from happening? When are they just going to start handing out vouchers to the people in line and then hand them out in an orderly fashion? Seriously, this notion that this sort of behavior is acceptable on Black Friday is ridiculous. It really gives humans a bad name (and they weren't doing all that great to begin with).


Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: