Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Don't Skype Naked

As I tend to rapidly lose faith in humanity a little more each day, here is a story that just drained me of any of the hope that I had left.  And lemme tell you, it wasn't a lot to begin with, but it's really saying something that it can all be zapped at once. 

What we have here is a man who is either one of two things.  He's either a genius or he has an unbelievable talent for finding the dumbest women out there in droves.  I don't understand these stories when they involve just a couple of women, but when they involve over 350 different women, then I'm completely confused. 

The man I'm talking about is named Karen "Gary" Kazaryan.  (OK, first of all, who names their male child Karen?  Maybe I should give the guy a break with a horrible name like that.)  And according to USAToday, he allegedly "...hacked into hundreds of social media and email accounts to coerce more than 350 women into showing him their naked bodies."  Wait. What now?  How many?? 

But wait!  There's more!  Here was his "ingenious" scheme that netted him 350 naked women:  He would hack hack into the women's social media accounts and then search their Facebook messages, emails and other files for nude or semi-nude pictures of them.  Who are these women who are keeping nude photos of themselves on Facebook??  That doesn't seem like the most appropriate place for nude photos of yourself, but that's just me.  But here's where it starts to get weird:  "He then posed as a friend, persuading them to strip while he watched via Skype, captured images of them, or both."  Dafuq?

You are dry shaving me that that worked.  Can someone explain to me how he managed to Skype with them without them realizing that he was not their friend?  Did he just cover up his webcam and say that his didn't work?  Did he sound just like whoever their friend was?  Because that seems like it would be key to this whole thing working.   Do this many women really make it a habit to get naked on Skype?  Am I the only one who thinks that this sounds like a bad idea from the beginning?  Friend or not, if you're Skyping with someone, they can take a screen shot of anything.  These people never considered that before getting undressed in front of a camera?  Apparently not.

The article goes on to say that "When the women discovered that Kazaryan was posing as a friend, he often blackmailed them with the nude photos he had fraudulently obtained to coerce more stripping, prosecutors said. In some cases, he's accused of posting the nude photos to the victims' Facebook pages."  See, now I have several more questions.  These dopes who were tricked into this in the first place, you're telling me that they eventually figured out what was going on?  I find that difficult to believe.  Oh, but if only they could have put those sleuthing skills to better use before disrobing for a total stranger on Skype.  And as far as the blackmailing, what say you just delete your Facebook account and not get naked again?  That seems like a better solution to me. Then again, I'm not taking off my clothes for someone who says that they're my friend on the Internet.  Sorry. 

It's the sheer number of women that fell for this that astonishes me.  350.  That's like one moron a day for almost an entire year (if you took two weeks of for Christmas break or something).  I'm really conflicted as to how much trouble this guy should be in.  On the one hand, he's obviously perverted.  But on the other hand, he wouldn't have been able to do any of this without an awful lot of help from each one of those morons.  Ok, the blackmail part is pretty bad and he should definitely get in trouble for that.  But the other stuff?  Eh. 

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Blogger said...

I have just installed iStripper, and now I can watch the sexiest virtual strippers on my desktop.