Sunday, December 2, 2012

Reversal of Misfortune

Remember the genius who got the Romney tattoo on his freaking face?  Some guy (who obviously has way too much money to know what to do with) paid him $15,000 to get the tattoo on his face and he had to keep it that way at least until the election was over.  Pretty generous terms if you're asking me.  Anyway, would it shock you if I told you that he has decided that it might not have been the best idea that he'd ever had and is going to be removing the tattoo? 

See, because it kind of surprises me.  This is someone who got a Romney presidential campaign symbol tattooed on his face.  Why on earth would I ever think that someone who thought that was a good idea in the first place would ever actually realize what a horrible idea it really was?  That's not exactly the smartest thing in the world to do.  So it's naturally surprising that someone who made that choice would actually figure out, relatively quickly, that it was a...how do I put this?  Oh, I know!  It was a dumbass thing to do. 

Then again, I don't think that Mr. Hartsburg had a very clear vision of what this was going to mean, both long term and even short term.  According to an article over at CBS News, "Hartsburg says he reached out to the Romney campaign about the tattoo, but feels snubbed that no campaign staffer ever contacted him."  Really?  So a guy who was running for President of the United States, the most powerful position in the entire world, that guy didn't want to associate himself with face tattoo dude?  Shocking! 

And get this...it's going to take up to three years before the removal is complete!  Three years!  Maybe he should just hang onto it.  What if Marco Rubio runs for President?  Maybe he could incorporate the color scheme and design into his logo and then go from there?  I'm just trying to decide if that would lend him any credibility at all at that point.  Yeah, no, not so much.  I think the bottom line here is (and try to stay with me on this one) don't tattoo your face. 

In the end, what did this guy get out of it?  I'm sure that the $15,000 that he got for doing the tattoo in the first place is going to need to be put toward the removal of said horrific decision.  So really, all he did was get a bunch of publicity that illustrated just how much of a dumbass he was.  Doesn't seem worth it to me.  Then again, I have nothing tattooed on my face, so what do I know?





Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: