Monday, October 15, 2012

The Media Sucks

Slow news day over yonder at Fox News, where I just read one of the more stupider articles ever.  According to the article, prehistoric man ate pandas.  I'm not sure how this article is intended to make the reader react.  It kind of has the feel of wanting us to recoil in horror that someone is going into the cages of these big, cuddly animals and hacking them to death to roast over an open fire.  I don't understand why I'm supposed to be surprised (or need to be informed) that ancient man used to eat ancient pandas.

The Chongqing Morning Post quoted him (and "him" is Wei Guangbiao and you can pronounce that however you'd like) as saying: "In primitive times, people wouldn't kill animals that were useless to them" and therefore the pandas must have been used as food."  I'm not sure what that means.  Useless to them?  In what way would an animal be useless?  I mean, I know that the Flintstones had Dino, but I think that was pretty much fictional (as were the Flintstones).  I guess I'm thinking that if you can eat an animal (and you can pretty much eat all of them) that it wouldn't be considered useless.  But maybe he means for other uses other than dinner.  It's hard to say because this article is such a complete piece of crap. 

It then mentions "But he says pandas were much smaller then."  I don't know what that has to do with anything.  And wait.  How much smaller?  Like the size of ducks?  Now, that'd be pretty interesting!  But  of course, because the article sucks, there is no elaboration on the size of the pandas.  And then it suddenly concluded by telling us "Pandas don't eat much apart from bamboo."  Wtf does that have to do with anything?!  What does their eating bamboo almost exclusively have to do with the fact that prehistoric man probably ate them?!  Is it to imply that panda tastes like bamboo?  If so (and I really don't think that's the point and I certainly hope that it isn't), I fail to see how that is helpful, as I have no idea what bamboo tastes like either! 

This article was clearly written to just take up space.  There's no point in it.  None.  God, the media sucks.  





Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: