Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Say Something! Anything!

By now, I'm sure that you've heard the absurd statement that President Barry made to a bunch of people in Roanoke, Virginia on Friday (I think).  If you've gloriously been living under a rock, here is, in part, the most inflammatory part of what he said (this from ABC News):

"There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me, because they want to give something back.  They know they didn’t -look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own.  You didn’t get there on your own.  I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart.  There are a lot of smart people out there.  It must be because I worked harder than everybody else.  Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there." 

Yeah, hard to imagine why people might be a little annoyed at that sort of diatribe.  Successful people didn't get there on their own?  I have the feeling that folks like the Wright Brothers might disagree with that statement.  Or Walt Disney.  Or Ray Kroc.  Or Henry Ford.  Or Colonel Sanders.  Or Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak.  Or...well, I think you get my point.  I'm not sure what he was getting at (because I am having a hard time believing that what is he said is exactly the point that he wanted to get across), but that's not what I'm going to harp on right now.  It was a ridiculous thing to say and I don't think that he should have said it.  Couldn't that be exceptionally damaging with the election only four months away?  (And when I say 'only', I absolutely mean 'November cannot get here fast enough because I can't take any more of this'.) 

Not if Mitt Romney is your opponent, apparently.  Where has Mitt been after President Barry said this?!  Why hasn't he jumped all over this?!  It was obviously a moronic thing to say.  Why doesn't Mitt jump on these opportunities when they present themselves in such a blatant and obvious fashion!?  It's inexplicable is what it is!  I don't get it.  Maybe Mitt is qualified to be President.  I have no idea (other than I don't think that he is).  But he doesn't even seem like he's qualified to run for President!  This is a no-brainer and he hasn't made a peep about it!  What is wrong with him?  Who are his advisers?  Why aren't they doing anything?  Why doesn't he notice?  So, SO many questions and so very few answers (that don't involve just sheer incompetence). 

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: