Saturday, March 10, 2012

Stop Something 2012

By now, I'm sure that you've had someone try and make you watch the Kony 2012 video. I guess that I'm all for awareness, but I don't like things like this because I worry that it gives people the feeling of false accomplishment. Oh, I watched a video! My knowledge of this subject is going to change the world because I'll tell everyone how bad it is and when everybody knows then things will be different. Yeah, no. You know what happens when you watch a video? Any video? You get to see whatever that video was about. That's it. Maybe you learn something. Maybe not. The point is that the world is going to be exactly the same after you've watched as it was before you'd watched.

But I digress. My point here is that while I think the whole Kony campaign awareness thing (I really don't know what to call it) is commendable in a way (that people just can't think of anything else to do other than post that link or that picture on their Facebook page), can't we all come together and try to rid the planet of another abomination that is taking over? It might not be as bad as the Joseph Kony guy kidnapping children to use as sex slaves and soldiers, but it's right up there. Behold!


See? The horror! This must end before any more children are subjected to this evil torture! Act now! Put it on your Facebook wall! Do whatever you must to spread the word! Because really, do you think your simply spreading the word about the Kony thing is going to help? In words that would be similar to those of the great Jay-Z, "If you posting 'bout Kony, I feel bad for you son. He took 99 kids and your status saved none."

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: