Sunday, December 23, 2007

My Favorite People of 2007

How could I leave this chick out of any list for 2007? I don't care what it is. She has to be there. I'm speaking, of course, such as, of Miss Teen South Carolina, who gave an inexplicable response to the question, "Recent polls have shown that one fifth of Americans can't locate the United States on a world map. Why do you think this is?"

Her response was, "I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh...people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education like such as South Africa and, uh, the Iraq everywhere like, such as and...I believe that they should, uh, our education over here in the U.S., er, should help the U.S., er, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq (DING! She should have just stopped talking here! But NO! I guess it was important for her to complete this thought?) and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future....for our...

I should probably include Mario Lopez on my list of Favorite People simply because the man kept a straight face (god bless him) as he stood no more than 2 feet away from Miss Teen South Carolina and her epiphany regarding those who are geographically challenged. And all the man said when she mercifully stopped talking was, "Thank you very much. South Carolina." That sounded sooooo much better than it would have if I had been hosting and had to listen to that and shouted, "WTF was that?!? Sooooo much better.

Afterwards, (afterwards being after the "speech" was broadcast all over YouTube for everyone in the world to see, including the US Americans, those in South Africa and in the Iraq) Miss Teen South Carolina claimed that she "didn't understand" the question. Well, thank GOD. Could you imagine if she HAD understood the question and that was her answer?! Geez.

You know what it was like? Aside from painful cringing? You know how on your iPod you can put it on 'Shuffle' and it just plays songs in any order that it feels like and just spits them out one after the other in a completely random fashion? Yeah, it was like she put her vocabulary on shuffle and words just came flying out of her mouth, one after the other in a completely random fashion!

But she's one of my favorite people because this gave me a countless number of enjoyable moments listening to it repeatedly. And I gotta love her for that. But I'll tell ya, it's a good thing she's pretty.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: