Thursday, December 20, 2007

Do You Even READ The Card?

When you send someone a gift at Christmas time, what's on the card that goes with it? Does it say Happy Holidays (boo) or Merry Christmas (yay)? The shameless self promoters over there at giftbasketsdeluxe.com did an analysis of the cards that accompanied their gift baskets and found that 60% of the cards this year said 'holidays' instead of 'Christmas'. Who cares? I'm sure that they did it so that the name of their website/business would be mentioned and they could enjoy some free yuletide publicity.

I mean, who cares what the card says? Someone just sent you a gift! That's like free stuff! No, actually that is free stuff. When I get a gift basket, I don't care if the card says "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays" or even "Happy Hanukkah". It could say "Happy Armistice Day" for all I care. All I'm thinking right about then is, "Mmmmmm.......meat sticks and cheese in a tube. Where's my box cutter?"

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: