Thursday, December 13, 2007

How NOT to Write a Celebrity Death Headline

I'll say this...those folks over there at the New York Post have some big ones. HUGE. Like coconut sized. No, more like, um, you know those seedless watermelons that are really round. Yeah, like those. Big, huge, seedless watermelon-esque ones, hangin' down. Good Lord, Post guys.

In case you haven't heard, Ike Turner (if you like Ike, you might want to sit down for the rest of this sentence) died yesterday. What was the headline in the Post, you ask? Ahem.......The headline reads:

Ike 'Beats' Tina to Death

OK, I tried not to laugh. I swear. But I couldn't help it. And once I realized that my laughter for this reason was pretty much going to have me condemned to hell, I just let 'er rip. That's pretty damn funny, even though no one is supposed to admit it. I hope those Post guys wake up every day and think, "Man, I love my job." Because if I worked at the Post and I got to write headlines like that, I'd think that every day when I woke up.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: