Saturday, May 26, 2012

In A Galaxy 35 Years Later

This weekend, this Memorial Day weekend, it is the 35th anniversary of the release of Star Wars.  I saw it with my family in the theater when I was eight.  I don't know what's worse.  That it was that long ago that I saw that movie or that I totally remember the trailer that I have provided you with below.  (Or here if it doesn't work.)  I guess neither one of them are very settling.  And after watching the trailer, quite frankly, I'm amazed that this thing ever got off the ground.  It doesn't look that impressive.  Really?  Those were the best scenes that they could think of to tempt us with?  I mean, I guess it must have worked and all, but in that case, what does it say about us, the viewers?  We sure were awfully accepting of mediocre entertainment before the Internet came along to constantly amuse us 24 hours a day.  But really, I don't perceive the movie itself being as mediocre as this preview seems to be.  I don't quite get that.  Maybe you can explain it to me.  Behold! 



Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: