Thursday, November 15, 2007

There's No 'E' in 'Word'

I know I've already bagged on "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" once so far, but I'm going to bag on it again. (Spoiler Alert: I'm likely to do it again in the future. Probably more than once. Stay tuned, won't ye?)

Kellie Pickler was the "celebrity contestant" on this show last week. She remarked at one point that she "felt so dumb right now." She gave the impression that wasn't something that happened to her often. Odd.

She gets the following question: "How many times does the letter 'E' appear in the following word". Now, the word doesn't appear on the screen with the question. That's all she sees. Before Foxworthy can give her the word, she says, "None." Foxworthy asks her if she'd like to actually hear the word before she answers, to which she says, "Well, yes! Because I looked up there and I KNOW that there is NO 'E' in 'WORD'. "

I suppose I should just be happy that she did know THAT.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: