Tuesday, November 27, 2007

So That's What the $25K Was For!

A couple of days ago, I went off on the $25K dessert that was being served by some restaurant in New York. You may have noticed that I declined to mention the name of the restaurant, mainly because I really didn't want to give them any more undeserved publicity than they had probably already received at that point.

In light of a new development in the ridiculous $25K dessert category. I have NO problem naming the restaurant in this post. See, one week after their ridiculous 'World's Most Expensive Dessert' proclamation was made public, the Serendipity 3 was closed by New York health inspectors after finding many violations of the rodent nature. Translation: They had mice and other creatures.

According to an inspector from the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (Mental Hygiene? What the heck is that?!) there were, "a live mouse, mouse droppings in multiple areas, fruit flies, house flies, AND more than 100 live cockroaches." The Dept. of H&MH also stated that the Serendipity 3 had failed a previous inspection on October 22.

I can't be the only one wondering what else was under those "gold shavings" in their dessert, now, can I? What a bunch of losers. They can't keep their restaurant "pest-free" (which is really the first and foremost characteristic that I'm looking for in a good restaurant. Only humans, that's my motto.) but they can spend their time ladeling gold over ice cream. Um, hello? McFly? Spend your money on exterminators instead!

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

No comments: