Monday, May 2, 2011

Gotcha!

Well. I had no idea that I would be writing about this today. And I must say, it has been a very welcomed surprise. Ding-dong, bin Laden is dead.



When I heard that President Barry was going to address the nation tonight, I was really hoping that it was going to be about aliens. But the way that it turned out ended up being at least one hundred times better. Turns out that ol' Weird Beard was holed up in a walled-off compound (that I cannot wait to hear more about and perhaps model my own after) in someplace called Abbottabad which is in Pakistan. And since we're fighting wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, it totally makes sense that he's in Pakistan, right? Don't answer that. The point is that he's dead. And it's about freaking time.

And look, while I complain and bitch about a lot of things here, it doesn't change the fact that I'm pretty proud to be an American. And it's on days like this that I'm really proud. And while I'll be in a celebratory mood tonight (I'm writing this on Sunday), tomorrow I'm going to start looking for signs that this is the beginning of the end of us at war in other countries,. Oh, and I'll also be waiting to see the death certificate.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

Mark said...

Apparently they buried his body at sea. Not as good as burning it and burying the ashes in a pig, but it will do.

Mare said...

Mark, I had a similar sentiment (wrapping the body in bacon), but then it was pointed out to me that it would have been a waste of perfectly good bacon. Good idea, but a waste of a perfectly good pig.

~ Mare

Mark said...

I'm sure we could lay on hands on some rancid bacon or a road kill pig.

One of the bonuses here is that the left now likes Cheney's assassination team, enhanced interrogation techniques, and those bad, bad prisons. I mean, they must, right, since without those things this waste of oxygen would still be alive. Perhaps they can use this as a learning experience.